- Free consultation with prospective clients
- Preconception counseling and education
- Childbirth and parenting education, along with sibling preparation
- Complete medical history
- Full prenatal care, to include one-hour routine:
- Monthly visits until 28 weeks gestation
- Bimonthly visits until 36 weeks gestation
- Weekly visits from 36 weeks to delivery
- Full birth assistance, including newborn exam and breastfeeding support
- Full postpartum care, to include:
- Care of mother through the postpartum period
- Continued breastfeeding support
- Postpartum visits at 24-48 hours
- 2 week and 6 week postpartum visits
- Gynecological exam, breast-exam and family planning counseling
- Well newborn care to 6 weeks of age
I believe that birth is one of the most amazing and intimate moments in a new family’s life and it is my desire to help each family achieve their ideal pregnancy and birthing experience. I am passionate about a mother’s right to be able to choose her care provider, decide where she feels most comfortable giving birth and to be a partner in her own care. For these reasons and many more, I offer home birth to the natural birthing families of Central Kentucky and surrounding areas.
At A Woman’s Work Midwifery, you will receive so much more than just the “standard of care”. You will always be treated like a valued individual, and we will have plenty of time at each visit for conversation, teaching, questions, and for us to create a partnership regarding your care.
When women are nurtured throughout their pregnancy and appreciated for who they are, that causes a ripple effect that continues to spread long after her final postpartum visit is completed. A woman who is empowered during her transition into motherhood will set a positive example for her child that will carry them long into the future. Every birth is miraculous and unique in its own way, and I feel deeply honored each time I am chosen to share in this wonderful adventure with my clients and their families.