CPMs are direct entry midwives trained specifically to attend out of hospital births. Currently, in Kentucky, only CNMs can be issued a license to practice. With that said, there are a number of CPMs currently practicing in Kentucky. There is a movement to bring legislation that will license and regulate CPMs in Kentucky. Currently 33 states legally recognize CPMs. As a consumer, your voice is powerful. Please consider plugging in to the movement through the Kentucky Home Birth Coalition (KHBC).
Things not included in this global fee:
- Care provided by another practitioner such concurrent care, bloodwork and ultrasounds.
- Birth pool rental and/or liner
- Birth kit and supplies from the supply list
- RhoGAM if you are Rh negative
- Vitamin k and eye medication
- Antibiotics in labor if treating GBS
- The lab fee for your baby’s newborn screen